Monday, February 08, 2016

40 GREAT NAIL ART IDEAS - Aqua or Turquoise and Roses

Good afternoon, gorgeous people!
This post is, sadly, so delayed, I even considered not posting at all.

But then I figured you're all amazing people, who understand life sometimes gets in the way and decided to move forward with it.

So this one's for another #40gnai prompt and a lovely one at that, too. We all had to do something with aqua or turquoise and I got roses!

Let's take a look at it:

Aqua and Turquoise Roses



I chose a light, pastel yellow for my base, hoping it wouldn't compromise much the whole idea of having turquoise nails but I realize they do stand out a bit much.


Aqua and Turquoise Roses

However, since I didn't really know how to get out of that pickle situation and considering everything, I think I managed okay.
You can still see the pretty roses, although not much the white leaves I added to each bouquet.



Aqua and Turquoise Roses

For the roses, I used Kiko 526 and Barry M Cancun.
I freehanded it all with a nail art brush.


Overall, I just wish you could have been able to see these in real life as the photos don't do it much justice.
These were pretty fabulous to wear all day and they have a lovely Spring feeling to them - I'm hoping the weather takes my hint ;)


Check the ladies' designs on this prompt - I promise you won't be disappointed, everyone kicked ass! - and I'll be seeing you very soon!


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

EDIT
So  I figured out I didn't much like my design and went for it with making it better. Here's what it looked like after all that:


I figured, if you don't  like something, change it, so I did.
I added some vintage dots to the whole thing and hit myself in the head for not thinking about it in the first place.



I used a dotting tool and Barry M Cancun, which I had previously used only to darken my aqua colour - stupid, I know.

 
I hope you liked the improvement, 'cause I sure do, and remember - it's all up to you to change a design you don't like! :)

Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *
 

9 comments:

  1. Really love the addition of the polka dots, they totally bring the whole design together. :) So lovely Mina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mani, so joyful and spring-y, it brighten my day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I was looking at the top photos thinking how much I liked your roses and that I need to practice doing them that well. Then I saw your edit and was even more impressed with the whole look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dots really compliment the rest of the design, though the roses were already very pretty by themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roses are pretty and really pop against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love roses and these are exceptionally beautiful! I am so glad that you added the polka dots at the end. I think they brought the whole new look into these and a little bit of a retro feel. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I really love it with the dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool choice to do these on a yellow background, I think they look great together! I NEED that Kiko polish, wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Love the color combination! The polka dots though really make it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...