Monday, September 21, 2015

Swatch & Review - Spell Polish A Spell for Floating

I've got a swatch and review of a Spell Polish nail polish for you today.
Today's post will be a quick one, I just feel like I've got to say a few things.

I'd never tried the brand before but I've always admired the range of colours and the gorgeous swatches I'd seen, so I was quite amped up about finally wearing one on my own nails (thank you, Paulina, for the sweet gift).


Spell Polish A Spell for Floating

Spell Polish A Spell for Floating is a gorgeous metallic duochrome that ranges from gold to rose gold. 


Positive Points about it: 
(1) this is a 5-Free nail polish brand;
(2) the polish bottle is a beauty and the logo is probably one of my favourite from brands out there, it's just that pretty;
(3) for a metallic finish kind of nail polish, there's very little brush strokes noticeable, which I like and thank for;
(4) the colour is a pretty one and looks nude-ish and quite discreet on my nails, which makes it very office appropriate (you can't say that of all metallic duochromes);
(5) the duochrome effect is right there in your face, I didn't even have to go for weird hand poses to capture it, so double points on that one.


Spell Polish A Spell for Floating

Now for the Not So Positive Points about this polish, which go down to just one thing really: the unpleasant chemical smell.
While removing the cap you can't help but notice it straight away and I'd say it's quite a strange, off-putting even, smell for a 5-Free product. 
I certainly didn't antecipate such a 'hazardous' smell, if you know what I mean.



So, I'm kinda curious to know what your experience has been with this brand so far.
Have you tried it before? What were your expectations/thoughts on it?


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *


EDIT
after feedback on the comments below (including from Spell Polish itself), I'd say this must be a bottle prior to their formula change. 
This means all polishes released after over a little a year ago won't have this smell issue, so that's good to hear! 
Maybe I should buy myself some, hey? Any suggestions?

14 comments:

  1. You must have one of the very very early Spells, as she changed her formula quite a while ago. No more smell hehe :) the colour looks beautiful on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That explains it, thanks, hun! I was also told some pigments may cause a strong chemical scent, so it might have been the case, too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Thank you for reviewing Spell Polish. Yes, we have changed our formula (a little over a year ago) so some of the earlier bottles will still have this smell. They are still 5-free though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I had no doubt about it being 5-Free, I was just taken aback by the smell. All cleared now - thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  3. Well don't you just pull this off perfectly! It looks just amazing on you! Too bad about the smell, I know exactly what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woow!! This is such a sweet colour and looks AMAZING!! I haven't got any Spell polishes yet, but they seem to have my fav kinda shades :)
    Oh btw, have you changed your blog design?? It looks so beautiful!! :D <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color looks like it is made for you, so ethereal and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful polish and gorgeous swatches! I've read about the smell before...hopefully it's something to do with her early formulas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Spell, beautiful polishes and Heather is such a lovely person! This looks great on you! None of mine smell strange so I must have the newer formula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely indeed! I super like the color and finish. Kinda hesitant with the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love Spell Polish. I feel like they are so fancy. I'm with the others, the older bottles have a smell but has all been erased for all the new polishes. Her colours and finishes are always divine! Lovely swatch <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous! Such a stunning polish but a real shame about the smell. I totally get what you mean, I have a couple polishes that I sort of avoid using just because of the smell which can make me feel abit giddy :( Still, it looks gorgeous on your nails! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful swatch as always Mina! :)

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...