Sunday, January 25, 2015

A2Z - K is for Kitchen Sink (or Kitschy)

This one troubled me for days on end and I didn't quite know what to make of it, hence the three-day-late post.

I decided to go for kitsch, which is so hard at times to describe - read this one if, like me, you need some light on the subject.

I chose to recreate a late 19th century kitsch painting by Frederick Dielman (see here also):




Kitsch nail art



It is called 'The Widow' and you can click here to see the original painting.
I'm calling it my kitsch interpretation, because, as you've been able to see for yourself, mine does not compare to the orginal artwork - alas, fur is hard to paint.


Kitsch nail art


I went with a base of Inglot O2M No.629 (I swatched it earlier here).



Kitsch nail art


I've freehanded the cat's portrait and sponged some random polishes on the rest of the nails.



macro Kitsch nail art


And I'm giving you a macro shot of this one, because our early fails are to be documented as well.
Progress is frequently underestimated and people often awe at others, without knowing how much hard work and practice is behind one's art.



How about you - do you flaunt your fails as a step to progress or do you usually hide them to be seen by no one?

I hope you've liked this one nonetheless and don't forget to go and see everyone else's designs on the theme (here).


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is impressive! I saw the original and I really like your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up! These are awesome! Are you still convinced that you can't paint live things? Well, this proves you wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're being a darling - thank you, Lisa **

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha - you're being way too sweet, hun ;) But thank you for being the bestest of friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, Cindi, you're too nice, really! Thank you so much *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...