Saturday, September 27, 2014

31DC2014 - Day 27: Inspired by Artwork

If the name Theo van Doesburg doesn't tell you something, you're just like myself at the beginning of this challenge ;) He was my inspiration for today's prompt after I did some research. 

'(...) pure abstraction (...) by a reduction to the essentials of form and colour' was the motto behind the De Stijl artistic movement, also known as neoplasticism.
Who would say a nail challenge would teach me who its founder and leader was, hey? :)

I'd heard of Piet Mondrian already, as probably most of you also have, as he was one of the group's most important members.

Today's nail art then was inspired by this artwork by van Doesburg, from 1918: Rhythmus Eines Russischen Tanzes.




And here's my interpretation of the painting.







I started by painting my nails with Kiko Gray (No.328) and Inocos Pico.
I've halfed the colours on my middle and ring fingers.






Once that was well dry, I took my nail art brush and some acrylic paints and started painting the coloured blocks.





I love how abstract nails look - they're so different and out of the box.


I hope you enjoyed getting to know about Theo van Doersburg and that you also liked today's nails.
I surely did :)

Have a fabulous weekend, lovelies.

Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *



Last Year's Inspired by Artwork Nails:






2 comments:

  1. This is really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are nice! I like how simple but interesting they look.

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...