Thursday, September 25, 2014

31DC2014 - Day 25: Inspired by Fashion

Today's nails are the truest fail in this year's challenge. And I'm not even kidding, nor being stupidly modest.
They're seriously bad and nothing like I envisioned they would be.

I had to combine two challenges into one nail art look again: 31DC2014 - Inspired by Fashion and Endless Summer Nail Challenge - Tropical.

I looked for haute couture tropical dresses, of course, and found out about Jean Paul Gaultier Spring/Summer 2010 collection.
I chose these dresses to inspire me. I came up with this:



nails inspired by Gaultier Spring/Summer 2010 collection


I know: sad, sad, sad.





nails inspired by Gaultier Spring/Summer 2010 dresses


I tried incorporating different elements from the three dresses and combine them into an abstract leafy tropical sort of thingy... 
Needless to say it didn't work.. AT ALL!




fashion nails with flakes


Just in case you're interested, the base polish is Kiko Bright Peacock (No.396), the abstract leaves are Inglot O2M No.692 and the flakes on top of those are Ludurana Flocado Relâmpago.




So, excuse me for today's poor show of nail art. Tomorrow there will surely be something more satisfactory.
*sighs and retreats most ashamed*


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *




Last Year's Inspired by Fashion Nails:




4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the glitter palm leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your to severe with yourself. I don't think that this is a fail, I like the effect of the glitter stripes on the green metallic base! Form me it is definitely a YEY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pale green with the shimmery ... dark? Black? No fail in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...