Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday's Nail Fail...

So... today's post will be a short one.
I did Sunday nails this morning but somehow they worked out way better in my imaginary mind than in my real nails.

I posted them earlier in Instagram and everyone seemed to really like them (we are our worse judges sometimes, indeed).

That and because it didn't seem fair not to post it here for you all, here's what I'll refer to as this Sunday's Fail:




Here it is.
I think purple and yellow are a good colour combom, although a real hard one to pull off.
Either you have the right shades that fit wonderfully together or you end up with this sort of 'meh' combo.





I recently bought this Essence Only Purple Matters and was dying to try it out.
It's a lovely one, although hard to topcoat - this has three coats and it's still not shiny enough :/





I also had to put a purple polish before applying this glittery one, 'cause it has quite a transparent base and it would take coats on end to get it looking this opaque on its own.
So, I think you can guess why it's such a fail for me :/



Nevertheless, tell me what you think. And do you also have polishes that you fall in love with in the bottle but then dread in real nails?

Hope you've had a lovely weekend and have all your energy restored for this week! 

Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

15 comments:

  1. I think its look fine, at least on the pictures :) I also bought one polish from essence recently (no 182 hello rosy) and in the bottle it looked like sweet strawberry mousse, but on my nails it turned out to be really gloomy and washy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Polish Cookie. I've seen that Hello Rosy and was going to buy it - now, no more, so thank you double for that, sweetie!!! It's such a disappointment when they turn out like that :/

      Delete
    2. ps. your blog is a cutie!! :D

      Delete
  2. I actually really like this combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hun - it makes me feel so much better!

      Delete
  3. I really like it, Mina! But I'm a "purple-with -yellow case" so to say. When I was 13 I decided everything had to be purple and yellow, later with orange on top. (Yes, talk to me about subtility...)

    The pinstripes really make it sing! *lala*

    Of course I don't know what you imagined... but you can always make more in these colours ^^
    I had on my last manis (the hippie one and the "Brazilian" one) purple and yellow again, first time for long... and will make some more :-P

    XOXO
    Moni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahhaah! Thank you for sharing that story, hun! :)
      And your comment was super duper encouraging and motivating - thank you for the extra niceness and for liking this one nonetheless <3

      Delete
  4. I like how they turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like them! I can't see the fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Monique - that's sweet of you, thank you! *

      Delete
  6. I like this color combination. And this glitter polish is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anastasia, thank you so much, sweetie!! Your comment made me feel much better about these :D
      (and I agree, the polish is indeed something! ;) )

      Delete
  7. I don't consider it a fail, I really like it!
    I have a few polishes that I wanted very much but after application it was a disappointment :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manases Andrea, thank you so much, darling! :)
      And I hate when that happens - they deceive our eyes!!!! ;(

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...