Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dedicated To My Pooh!

I'm starting to think that BF is really the best source for inspiration.

I was (again) out of ideas as to what I should paint on my nails, when BF texted back saying 'Paint something dedicated to me, why of course!'
Hahaha! Truth is, it worked! ;)


Today's post may be heavy with photos, so carry on at your own risk - even though I think you'll forgive me after you actually see today's manicure ;)

So... Ta-da!






Yes! It's Winnie, the Pooh!
And you won't believe what a pain in the bum he turned out to be! Lol!





And before you start wondering 'what the heck!?', here's the reason to this design.
This Pooh mug was one of BF's first presents to me when we starting dating.
And even though I'm not a particular Pooh fan, this is my favourite mug from all the ones I own - it's cosy and big, just perfect for some chocolate milk or hot chocolate! <3






I started all nails with a two-coat base of Bellaoggi Snow White (which is nearing the bottom of the bottle - snif), and after that dried I did a French tip on all nails to imitate the peg - I've used Prestige Gerbera for that.






You might be wondering about where the traced line on most of the nails came from and that's from the back part of the mug.
Cute little bee had to show up, too! ;)






Here's a close up of the little cutie, done with acrylic paints :)





And now for Winnie, the Pooh, which was also freehanded using acrylic paints, and as to why it was such a pain. 
Not only did I have to mix yellow and red and white to achieve this shade, but also this was my third attempt. 
And that may or may not have been the reason why I went to bed at 5a.m. (and yes, I did manage to get up at 7a.m. to go to work).



The things we'll do for art! *cof cof* ;)
Actually, at a certain point it was more a matter of pride, than anything else. I was all like 'Oh no, you don't! Think you're better than me? You talking to me?!' hehehe

Anyway, I was happy to show them to BF this morning - he liked them, I liked them and that made it all worthy ;)

So, what about you? You like them as well? Do let me know!
And I'll... just go to bed now - hehe


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, ayaka! Glad you liked it! :D

      Delete
  2. These are amazing! So cute, and absolutely flawless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that's a great compliment! Thank you, Lindsay! :)

      Delete
  3. I found your blog through Magnificent Marvellous Manis group on FB.I love this idea I may try this myself and do something dedicated to my hubby or daughter hehe I love your mani the Winnie the Pooh is fantastic! and cute :) well done xx

    new follower here please check out my blog and if you could follow me back that would be fab! xx
    http://sassylittlenails37.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, Dawn :) Magnificent Marvellous Manis is a great fix for us polishaholics ;)
      And I just saw your animal charity nails and they're amazing! Great work!! **

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. hehehe - thank you so, so much, Anastasia :D

      Delete
  5. Minaaa LOVE it. I always like winnie the pooh and sometimes still watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, then I'm really happy you liked this one! :D

      Delete
  6. Aww, you did an amazing job! What a lovely source of inspiration too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, The Sparkle Queen - the source of inspiration was the best ;)

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...