Thursday, September 26, 2013

31DC2013 - Day 25: Inspired by Fashion!

I am not one to follow fashion. For a number of reasons that range from  my bank account not affording it to me really being the kind of girl, who dresses simple most of the days.

So, I wanted to go quirky for today's theme and I had previously chosen this dress, worn by Björk (oh yes, I'm a fan). But then the question: how does one make ruffled flowers?

So, being late at night and all, I decided to searchfor couture dresses and settled on this pretty Rochas, for inspiration.

Mind you it's an inspired by, not a 100% look alike mani, ok? ;)




What do you think? Similar enough?
I loved the colours, mostly - kind of Autumn like, very appropriate for today we had our first Autumn rain ;(





I used Layla Coral Glam for the base colour and added some thin stripes of gold and deep red to mimic the dresse's background pattern.
It didn't come out perfect but I really liked the effect nevertheless :)




I've used too many polishes to be saying them all to you, so if there's any you'd like to know, do ask ;)
There were no acrylics used for this one  - there are times when polish is your best option! :D





Although it's not a faithful matchy mani, I still love how it looks and the abstract-ness of it all is too arty not to like! :)


What do you think? Yay or nay?
Let me know down in the comment section below and have yourselves a fine night, lovelies :)


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take at that dress! :D It's not exact but it's inspired by it for sure, and that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right but I seem to lack the notion of proportions and then I get the 'inspired by look' rather than the 'look alike look' ;)
      hehehe

      Delete
  3. Sooo lovely :) I am loving your inspiration and an abstract look that you gave to this design :) And your nails are getting longer already :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, that's true, sweetie, although I filed them down again ;) they weren't all the same size and that gets to me ;)
      Happy you liked the mani - I gotaa say I loved the abstract feel to it, too :D

      Delete
  4. I love the colors that you've used, so beautiful :)
    And did you say first autumn rain? I'm soo jealous now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, hun!
      Is it still very hot where you are, Irmak? Hope you get your first autumn rain soon! :)

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...