Wednesday, June 26, 2013

They Call It A Fail

... but I think despite the fact that the mani I'm about to show didn't turn out as supposed, I should show it to you, ladies.

And why? Well, because failing is the first step to success and because I think it turned out cute nonetheless ;)

Mind you, not cute enough for me to actually wear it - I  ended up making another manicure for today (you'll want to stay tuned ;)) - but cute still :)

Have you ever heard about the spun sugar mani? It's gorgeous and I've seen some really awesome ones.
However, I just couldn't seem to master it somehow!
So, interpret this also as an SOS for all of you out there, who have attempted this technique and succeeded - tips and tricks are very welcome :D

Without more blabbering, here we go:














See what I mean by fail? I mean the colours are great and all, but that is not a spun sugar mani - AT ALL! ;)
*sighs*
But I'll try it again... someday ;)










I ended up with some really big blobs of polish instead of the thin strips on the nails I was supposed to achieve :(
Help please! <3



I guess you now understand why I had to take this off after the photos - I couldn't even see a way to topcoat these blobs! ;)

So, check out the blog later for today's 'real' manicure and also don't forget to let me know in the comments of any tips you might consider useful on this technique :D


Hugs & Kissies,
Mina *

24 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with this technique. :( When I first saw the picture, though, I thought the design was done on purpose. Very cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe - wish this was me being artsy. It's just me not succeeding though haha :)
      We must try again, though - don't give up ;)

      Delete
  2. I like this nevertheless!! :)) Looks very cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... you're a darling, Anastasia! Thank you so much!! :D

      Delete
  3. Maybe it's not a sugar spun mani, but I actually really like this! It's kind something between splatter and sugar spun. And the colors are stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's 'cause you're cool ;) Thank you so much, hun - I'll def be having another go at this one (and the splatter, don't forget the splatter) soon :D

      Delete
  4. It's so pretty and very summery Mina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Irmak. You're too kind! :D

      Delete
  5. This is a hilarious post! I agree with Paulina, definitely a cross between sugar spun and splatter. I think it's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. muhahaha - thank you so much, Stef!! I gotta try this again, for sure! ;)

      Delete
  6. I love to see people fail :D (haha that sounds mean... I am doing "fail" post as well this week) If you don't know this is ment to be a sugar spun manicure I think it looks pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, I'm with you on this one!! Fails are great to see and learn from ehehe ;)
      Will have a look at your soon **

      Delete
  7. I'd post my fail if it turned out cute like this too :D hehe I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha - thanks, Char, for being real nice! :D

      Delete
  8. Even though it didn't turn out as you hoped its still a really pretty manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say - thank you!!! :D

      Delete
  9. Abstract art! =) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also thought this design was deliberately done this way. I like the modern art flare it has, as if it should be hanging on a wall somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thank you so much. You just gave me a huge smile! :D

      Delete
  11. It could not be a spun sugar, but I so damn like it anyway! *_*
    At first sight I thought it to be some sort of watercolour <3
    I've never tried this technique, I'm not a huge fan of 3D nails (except from textured polishes), but I've seen some nice manis around the net and I hope you'll succeed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... thank you so much! That's so nice of you to say. I have yet to try watercolour too ;)
      And I confess I have to be in the right mood for 3D nails, but when I am, boy, do I love it! :D

      Delete
  12. I may be crazy but this is one of my favorite manicures. I love the crispness of the white background with the vibrant polishes. I like that there is a lot of the white left to see, something I've not seen in other spun sugar manis. Gives it a fresher look. I absolutely agree with Nail*ine It about it being very modern art-y. I think the drops/blobs, for the most part, balance out the strings of polish, gives them more interest. lol, I am going to attempt to do this mani! Maybe it could catch on, name it after you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much for your amazing comment, LaraLeaf!! I think it was a fail in the sense that this is not what a sugar spun mani is supposed to look like - you just made me feel so much better about these! So, thank you - and do share it with me if you happen to do something similar ;)

      Delete

You just made this girl smile! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts with me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...